Highlight of few most attractions of North East India comparisons to rest of India and World
- Three families of primates occur in India with 15 known species; nine of these species in North East India.Hoolock gibbon and Golden Languor are endemic to Assam.
- Kaziranga National Park a tiger reserve, Biosphere reserve, world heritage site, elephant reserve is the save home of five big the Royal Bangle Tiger, Asian Elephant, Asian water Buffalo, One horn rhino and Swarm deer as well as it is the highest density of one horn rhino of the world.
- The region equally rich in faunal diversity. An estimated 3,624 species of insects, 50 mollusks, 236 fishes, 64 amphibians, 137 reptiles, 541 birds, and 160 mammalian species have been so far.
- Regarding flora about one third of the flora of Northeast India is endemic to this region. At least 7,500 flowering plants, 700 orchids, 58 bamboos, 64 citrus, 28 conifers, 500 mosses, 700 ferns and 728 lichen species recorded so far.
- North East India supports some of the highest bird diversities in the orient with about 850 bird species. The eastern Himalaya and Assam plain have been identified as an Endemic Bird area by the Royal Society for Protection of Birds, The global distribution of 27 Restricted-range species is limited to the region. The region's lowland and mundane moist to wet tropical evergreen forest are considered to be the northern most limit of true tropical rainforest in the world.
- Out of 9 important vegetation type of India, 6 are found in North East India. Tropical Wet Evergreen (Rain Forest), Subtropical Broadleaf, Subtropical Conifer, Temperate Broadleaf, Temperate Conifer and Sub-Alpine Forests/Alpine Scrub. Small Savanna patches occur along the major rivers.
- This Himalayan State Arunachal Pradesh altitude varied up to 7090m one of the highest peak Kangto where as the highest peak of the planet Mount Average at Nepal is 8850m.
- Just after Khardung La pass in Tibet(5,602m) worlds second highest motor able road hails from this region. Elevation 4500m at Arunachal Pradesh.